YOUTH COMMISSION MEETING
January 20, 2016
The meeting started at 9:50 am.
Present: Sandy Chipman, Jessica Knapp, Manuela Michailescu, Pam Stocking, Recreation/Youth Dept. Director Carol Dennin (via phone, due to an emergency), Town Board Liaison Cindy Fornino.
The minutes of the November 18, 2015 meeting were reviewed. Pam Stocking made a motion to approve the minutes and Sandy Chipman seconded the motion, which was approved unanimously.
A verbal Director’s Report was presented by Carol Dennin – via phone (conference):
• funding for the department’s activities got decreased; hoping for extra money for the summer and basketball programs – still uncertain
• the Community Center’s building is going to be renovated so that it becomes the town’s Emergency Center, to have the food pantry, showers, etc. all together.
• all December events were very successful; about 50-55 people attended the Tree Lighting
• basketball program – going on very well
• Summer program – sign ups are taken already!
— February 12 – Valentine’s Day party for kids, 3 – 5 pm, with DJ Eric, games, etc.
— March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day luncheon
The meeting adjourned around 10:15 am.
The next meeting is on February 17, 2016, 9:30 am at the Community Center.