The Town of Rochester Town Board is seeking sealed bids for abrasive screened sand for winter
road use. Specifications of bids are available at the Town Clerk Office and on
www.townofrochester.ny.gov. Bids are due on or before Wednesday June 2, 2021 at 11:00am at
the office of the Town of Rochester Clerk, PO Box 65 / 50 Scenic Road, Accord, New York
12404 where they will be opened and read aloud. A non-collusion form and certified testing
results shall be included as a part of the bid package.
The Town Board has the right to reject any and all bids.
BY THE ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD
KATHLEEN A. GUNDBERG
ABRASIVE SAND BID SPECIFICATIONS:
1. The sand shall be hard with 100% passing 3/8″ screen, not more than 15% passing #50 mesh and not more than 4% passing #200 mesh and must be readily usable in spreading equipment.
2. Certified testing results shall be submitted as a part of the bid package.
3. Bid prices shall be priced per ton; variations will not be accepted.
4. The bidder’s attention is called to the fact that if scales are not available at plant site, the bidder must state conversion factor-weight per cubic yard on bid conversion sheet.
5. Sand is to be made available for pickup by trucks designated by Town of Rochester authorized entities and operated by authorized personnel.
6. Bids shall be guaranteed valid for a period of 2 years from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023.