PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Town of Rochester Town Board is seeking sealed bids for
abrasive screened sand for winter road use. Specifications of bids are available at the Town
Clerk’s office and on www.townofrochester.ny.gov. Bids are due on or before June 28, 2019 at
11:00am at the office of the Town of Rochester Clerk, PO Box 65 / 50 Scenic Road, Accord,
New York 12404 where they will be opened and read aloud. A non-collusion form and certified
testing results shall be included as a part of the bid package. The Town Board has the right to
reject any and all bids.
BY THE ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD,
KATHLEEN A. GUNDBERG
2019-2020 Specifications for Abrasive Sand Bid:
1. The sand shall be hard with 100% passing 3/8″ screen, not more than 15% passing #50 mesh and not more than 4% passing #200 mesh and must be readily usable in spreading equipment.
2. Certified testing results shall be submitted as a part of the bid package.
3. The bidder’s attention is called to the fact that if scales are not available at plant site, the bidder must state conversion factor-weight per cubic yard on bid conversion sheet.
4. Sand is to be made available for pickup by trucks designated by Town of Rochester authorized entities and operated by authorized personnel.
5. Bid prices shall be priced per ton only, variations will not be accepted.
6. Bids shall be guaranteed valid for a period of 1 year from award date of bid.